We are pleased to announce the return of the NMRA Lone Star Region Convention to the Austin area in 2018, and we're looking forward to four days of fun, fellowship, and learning. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're looking forward to seeing you!
Join us at the Wingate by Wingate by Wyndham & Williamson Conference Center in Round Rock, Texas and experience:
- More than 70 clinics and presentations covering topics for beginners to advanced model railroaders presented by experts who've been there and done that - including special guest clinicians! We'll have a number a number of "make and take" clinics, too!
- Layout tours and operating sessions featuring more than 30 model railroads of all shapes and sizes in N, HO, O, and G scales
- Prototype tours including the Austin Steam Train Yard and the Capital Metro MetroRail Dispatching Center and Maintenance Facility
- A huge silent auction - bring your stuff to sell and pick up that must-have item you've been looking for!
- A contest room that'll blow your socks off (start getting your entries ready now!)
- Fantastic raffle and door prizes
- Many great non-rail activities including a visit to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum!
If that's not enough, we're excited to have as our keynote speaker (and guest clinician) Trevor Marshall, long-time model railroader, host of the Model Railway Show and TrainMasters.TV, and frequent contributor to Railroad Model Craftsman and Model Railroader!
And...we're also excited to have as guest clinician, noted model railroader Lance Mindheim! Lance is an excellent modeler with many published books and articles (and an excellent blog) to his credit, and he runs a custom layout design and building business from his home in Maryland.
Our convention will feature the return of a special contest category - the peanut butter jar lid! Anything you can fit on top of a standard peanut butter jar lid goes...but the judges WILL make sure you don't go past the edges.
Non-rails have a special category as well - "Eagles". We can't wait to see your entries!
Registration is now open! Register by March 1 to take advantage of early bird pricing! Click on the button to the right for more details.