The National Model Railroad Association
(NMRA) is a non-profit
educational association whose purpose is both to promote the hobby of model railroading and to help set standards
within the industry. But the NMRA is far more personal than that. The NMRA is people - people across the globe, people in your area,
and people just down the street who love model railroading and want to help others get that same enjoyment out of
There are over 150 divisions in 17 regions around the world. There are many benefits to membership, including:
- Kalmbach Memorial Library - perhaps one of the finest resources available to anyone interested in railroads or model railroads... members get special discounts and first crack at special releases.
- Member discounts - from many manufacturers and suppliers!
- Monthly NMRA Magazine
- NMRA Standards & Recommended Practices
- The Achievement Program - there's no better way to improve your modeling
- Insurance coverage for club layouts, meets and shows
- Regional and National Conventions
- Access to Master Model Railroaders - they come from all over the world to the National convention. MMRs attend most Regional and Divisional functions, too!
- Participation in photo, slide and model contests with fellow members
- Members' Aid Program Got a question? We've got the answers!
- Pike Registry -- Register your model railroad name
- Fellowship of other modelers
- Tape/Slide and Video Clinics - online access and rental via mail... perfect for home viewing or club presentations
- 100% NMRA Club - The extra benefits of having all of your rail club members also members in the NMRA
Find out more at the NMRA web site
About the LSR
The Lone Star Region
(LSR) is one of 17 NMRA regions
around the world. The LSR is comprised of most of the US states of Texas and Louisiana, including Dallas, Fort Worth,
Austin, San Antonio, Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
The LSR is an exciting and active region. In addition to our yearly convention, the 8 districts hold local meetings,
train shows, open houses, operating sessions, clinics and other activities frequently.
Best yet, if you are a member of the NMRA in the area, you are automatically a member of the region and receive the
excellent Marker Lamp
newsletter quarterly, packed with information and articles.
Find out more at the LSR web site